Daisies with two metre spacing lead the way to Barnes Primary School where Alf, a pupil in Year 6, returned after half term. Pupils who haven't been able to come back to school have decorated paper daisies for an art project (these daisies have been laminated and put up around school) and in each of the petals they have written what they miss about school.
We were delighted when Alf agreed to answer a few questions about what it has been like returning to the same but very different school:
- How did you feel to be going back to school after all this time?
I felt excited but also nervous about going back after the long break.
- Are all your friends back at school?
I don’t know as I’m only in one bubble – so I’ve seen only 14 people. One of my friends I know is not coming back this term.
- Do you have the same teacher?
Yes I am in the same class with my normal Year 6 teacher.
- What is different about school now?
Lots of things are different. We have our own desks in class and no PE. We are doing different subjects to prepare us for secondary school.
- What is your favourite thing about being back at school?
Seeing my friends.
- What happens at lunchtime?
We have lunch outside.
- What games can you play in the playground?
- What do you miss most about school before lockdown?
All my different school sports clubs.
Anya Waddington, 10 June 2020